Full Job Description
***MUST have an active Public Trust, Candidates with transferable active EOD will have preference***
We are looking for an AWS Architect supporting development, design, modernization, and migration in support of a government multi-cloud environment with 30+ customer tenants and growing. Aside from technical qualifications, application should have effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
The applicant must have engineering and design experience and extensive AWS knowledge and experience with integration, system analysis or programming experience, including developing AWS systems requirements and design specification. A passion for performance, strong desire for quality conformance, and attention to detail are prerequisites for this position.
- Application of activity and data modeling, transaction/workflow analysis, internal control, and risk analysis.
- Modern business methods and performance measurement techniques
- Provides technical direction to personnel performing systems analysis and system/ subsystem development tasks
- Coordinates and performs logical and physical systems design
- Reviews and prepares system documents and specifications
- Prepares reports, studies, and documentation, delivers presentations, and participates in meetings.
- Be prepared to provide sound advice as to prioritizing projects or tasks and when to delay
- Change and Configuration Management best practices
- Enforce quality standards for engineered solutions and promote continuous improvement
- Cross functional communication.
LOCATION: Remote (but must reside and perform all work within the United States) WORK HOURS: This position requires working online from 8:00 AM Eastern to 5:00 PM Eastern
Required Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Business Administration Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
- AWS Certifications in specialty domains such as Advanced Networking or Security
- Other Certifications such as Red Hat Ansible
- 7+ years of integration, systems analysis, or programming experience
- 5+ years of developing systems requirements and design specifications in AWS
- 3+ years of experience in project management/ lead architect positions in AWS development or implementation
- Experience leading and collaborating with technical teams of diverse IT related skill sets
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of AWS cloud and deploying in Government environments.
- Exemplary communication, analytical skills, and technical knowledge across the client environment.
- Ability to produce concise and clear technical documentation.
- Great benefits: Paid time off, flexible work schedule, teleworking allowed, medical/dental/vision plan, 401k; and more
- Tuition assistance for continuing or career-related education
- Our cultural focus is on people and results – not bureaucracy
- Ample opportunity for career growth – we promote from within
- Leadership takes a constructive interest in every team member’s success
- Work/Life Balance and flexible hours
- Be part of a close-knit team that works and plays together and helps one another succeed
- You will not be micromanaged: plan, prioritize, schedule and be accountable for your own tasks
- Casual workplace
- Open-door policy with all management
Salary Range: $140,000 – $162,000
**Salary is commensurate with education and experience**