Full Job Description
***MUST have an active Secret Clearance (or higher) – NO exceptions***
- Provides knowledge management, business process analysis and project leadership in the development of KM strategy and best practices
- Contributes to management of current knowledge management practices, design of new policies to encourage use of the new practice, and analysis in regard to effectiveness of new knowledge management programs through observation of usage and evaluation of organizational benefits to ensure knowledge is flowing efficiently
- Develop measures to identify, capture, and transfer relevant knowledge among members of the command.
- Ensure knowledge is kept up to date and significant knowledge to organizational memory is recorded. Analyze the effectiveness of knowledge management programs and initiatives by observing usage and evaluating impacts in terms of organizational benefits.
- Utilize knowledge resources and design training for end users to facilitate maximum access to knowledge management tools.
- Collect and document requirements, lessons learned, and best practices for products, events, and other knowledge management activities.
- Collect and evaluate information from various sources in order to devise effective knowledge management solutions.
- Promote knowledge management by championing specific initiatives, including but not limited to facilitating communities of practice, constructing taxonomies, and implementing interviews during turnovers.
- Implement electronic document processing, retrieval, and distribution systems in collaboration with other KM specialists while following KM life cycle and retention policy.
- Develop, update, maintain, and produce content for knowledge bases, FAQs, and web based tools to document and share learning. Create user documentation for a variety of material, including how-to guides and instruction manuals.
- Interacts across all levels of staff and acts as a mediator to answer the queries of the clients and staff about the knowledge management products and practices. Use data to identify knowledge gaps.
- Develop secure, up-to-date, and on-demand access to knowledge and foster continuous innovation. Cooperate and communicate well with other KM specialties across organizational lines in order to explain and assist in the integration of knowledge and KM systems.
- Possesses quality communication and planning skills. Competent to transform management ideas to implement appropriate solutions.
- Applies analytical skills and the ability to tackle critical situations while maintaining constructive work relationships with the employees of all the departments at all levels.
- Provide excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, advanced business writing skills, good interpersonal and communicating skills, as well as an in-depth understanding of business procedures to inform decision makers.
- Other related duties as assigned
Required Technical Skills:
- Knowledge Management, Business Process Analysis (BPA), and Project Management/Leadership required
- Experience with Knowledge Management solutions in a SharePoint environment
- Must have an active SECRET security clearance.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Great benefits: Paid time off, flexible work schedule, teleworking allowed, medical/dental/vision plan, 401k; and more
- Tuition assistance for continuing or career-related education
- Our cultural focus is on people and results – not bureaucracy
- Ample opportunity for career growth – we promote from within
- Leadership takes a constructive interest in every team member’s success
- Work/Life Balance and flexible hours
- Be part of a close-knit team that works and plays together and helps one another succeed
- You will not be micromanaged: plan, prioritize, schedule and be accountable for your own tasks
- Casual workplace
- Open-door policy with all management
**Salary is commensurate with education and experience*