Full Job Description
***MUST have an active Secret Clearance (or higher) AND IAM Level II certification (Security+ is the most common, but CCNA, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP, CASP, CISA, CISSP, GCED, and GCIH all also meet the requirement) – NO exceptions***
***Location may be OK, AL, or OH***
- Lead Engineer responsible for designing network changes, evaluating and engineering network solutions based upon customer requirements.
- Proficient in support of network design and Cloud services [Amazon Web Services (AWS) AZURE].
- Support enterprise standards in accordance with corporate direction to include: (1) Support documentation development, (2) Lead technical working groups, (3) conduct product evaluations, (4) develop recommendations, and (5) conduct pre-implementation activities.
- Lead and support design, test, installation, integration, and migration strategies.
- Design solution documentation that outlines guidance on licensing, physical architecture, logical configuration, eligibility, checklist application inventory, security policy protection phases, and basic administration to include system configuration baseline and security policy configuration baseline
- Leverage Senior level knowledge and experience to lead network solutions in compliance with DISA and DoD protocols and policies.
- Ensure migration and implementation efforts conform to the physical and logical infrastructure and security configurations (such as Access Control List (ACLs) and deny-by-default).
- Responsible for all lifecycle components’ compliance with security controls, including confidentiality, integrity, and availability as well as compliance with Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG) in depth
- Lead recommendations in operational processes to ensure successful maintenance of firewalls and load balancers.
- Prepare and solution design/technical documentation to include briefings and other required documents to support all engineering and implementation efforts with established policy and processes
- Provide technical writing support to create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs), and ensure all documents and reports are written and formatted properly.
- Use the established change management process to provide changes in response to policies, security, or customer requests for network architecture design.
- Ensure compliance with directives for ports and protocols and engineer proxy capabilities required by the customer.
- Lead technical working groups with product evaluations, developing recommendations, and preparation and presenting of briefings. Proficiently communicate and brief ideas and information to people of a non‐technical background include senior leadership
Required Technical Skills:
- DoD 8570/8140 IAT Level II Certification (i.e. Security+, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP, CASP, CISA, CISSP, GCED, or GCIH) required and CE certification that applies to the position
- Advanced Routing and Switching (Cisco NX-OS, Cisco IOS, JUNOS, PANOS, etc.)
- Firewall technologies (i.e. Palo Alto, Juniper SRX, Cisco Firepower, F5 AFM, etc.)
- Network Management Technologies (SNMP, Syslog, Packet Analysis, etc.)
- VPN technologies (GRE, IPSec, DMVPN, MPLS, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Environment, preferably Azure but AWS is transferrable
- Automation development and scripting
- Application Delivery Controller
- Collaboration and ability to work independently.
- Ability to lead efforts and delegate responsibilities without need instruction or direction. Motivation to think outside of the box and present the solution to the customer
Preferred Technical skills:
- Cisco Fabric and ACI
- Firewall load balancing (A10, F5, etc.)
- F5 GTM / LTM / APM / ASM
- DoD or DISA environment and policy experience is a plus
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Great benefits: Paid time off, flexible work schedule, teleworking allowed, medical/dental/vision plan, 401k; and more
- Tuition assistance for continuing or career-related education
- Our cultural focus is on people and results – not bureaucracy
- Ample opportunity for career growth – we promote from within
- Leadership takes a constructive interest in every team member’s success
- Work/Life Balance and flexible hours
- Be part of a close-knit team that works and plays together and helps one another succeed
- You will not be micromanaged: plan, prioritize, schedule and be accountable for your own tasks
- Casual workplace
- Open-door policy with all management
**Salary is commensurate with education and experience**
Job Category: Cloud Engineering Network Design
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus OH Montgomery AL Oklahoma City OK