Full Job Description
- SDLC life cycle to include requirements gathering, discovery, project planning, toolset procurement, preparation
- Clear documentation skills to track detailed project plan, action item log, risk and mitigation plan/log.
- Develop a detailed technical plan in MS Project to lead a product FedRamp certification with key milestones and deliverables
- Ability to baseline project schedule and track actuals
- Clear communication to stakeholders at all levels on status and progress
- Identify, research, and resolve complex technical issues
- Create and manage escalation procedures
- Supervise the day-to-day project coordination and tasks
- Act as the primary interface for technical architects, engineers, Government and vendors.
- Follow AGILE and ITIL best practices in planning, implementation and execution.
- Be a champion for Customer Experience core values, and embrace a culture of Customer Experience
- Participate in the change control board meetings and provide user support impact assessment on proposed system and data migration
- Support other project teams during implementation and testing of changes or enhancements to the LAN and applications
This position is primarily a remote/telework position with the end customer in the Fairfax, VA area and requires that the individual selected be within driving distance for in-person meetings and technical leadership.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have 5 or more years of demonstrated experience leading multi-vendor, high visibility integration projects with multiple moving pieces and multiple teams, including some experience supporting Federal Government customers.
- Must be proficient in Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices and have an active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- The PM will need exemplary meeting support skills (agenda development, logistics, facilitation), ability to document requirements, track deliverables and decisions, and provide executive-level reporting.
- Must be proficient in the following tools: MS Project, MS Office suite, SharePoint.
- Must be proficient in SDLC, SELC, PMI and ITIL practices.
- Must have experience with metric reporting and dashboard reporting for stakeholder and executive management
- Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- B.S./B.A. in a related field
- Prior experience with FEDRAMP or other compliance based certifications (i.e. FISMA, ISO, CMMI, etc.)
- Preference may be given to candidates that live at an address certified by the US Government as a HUBZone. You can go to this website and enter your address to see if you live in a HUBZone: https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map#center=39.828200,-98.579500&zoom=5
- Great benefits: Paid time off, flexible work schedule, teleworking allowed, medical/dental/vision plan, 401k; and more
- Tuition assistance for continuing or career-related education
- Our cultural focus is on people and results – not bureaucracy
- Ample opportunity for career growth – we promote from within
- Leadership takes a constructive interest in every team member’s success
- Work/Life Balance and flexible hours
- Be part of a close-knit team that works and plays together and helps one another succeed
- You will not be micromanaged: plan, prioritize, schedule and be accountable for your own tasks
- Casual workplace
- Open-door policy with all management
**Salary is commensurate with education and experience**