Full Job Description
***Requires US Citizenship and eligibility for a Secret security clearance***
MSM Technology has an immediate need for an individual who can bring experience and the desire to work in a role as our Senior Proposal Manager/Writer. The ideal candidate will write sources sought (RFI) responses, lead proposal (RFP) responses, coordinate the proposal work of others (SME’s, Teammates, Consultants, etc.), support business development and capture management activities as needed, make significant contributions to the development and continuous improvement of proposal management processes, tools, and templates. You will also be expected to provide leadership, methodologies, procedures, tools, and templates to support all proposal development efforts.
The Senior Proposal Manager/writer should be capable of developing compliant and compelling proposal response content and producing proposal sections or volumes with minimal assistance from other writers. The ideal candidate should be able to work closely with SME’s to ascertain and address specific technical and management details as well as ensuring the text is clear, concise, and meets all RFP requirements.
The Senior Proposal Manager is responsible for proposal development (written, oral, overall submission) from the receipt of RFP or other request for information through post submission debrief – including the following tasks:
- Reads and analyzes RFP’s and edits proposal content for readability, consistency, clarity, and compliance with requirements
- Develop new content in support of responses to RFP’s, RFI’s Sources Sought, and marketing opportunities, under tight deadlines.
- Selects or recommends use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits, illustrations, charts, or storyboards to amplify or clarify publications objectives.
- Analyze the proposal requirements, create compliance checklists/matrix and assignment/deadline checklists for all proposal volumes (price, technical, reps & certs, past performance.)
- Writes, edits, and rewrites technical sections; maintains document configuration management and control
- Develop and integrate proposal themes, discriminators and key success factors based on Capture guidance
- Develop compliant and compelling proposal narrative by translating technical solutions, strategies, and themes into easily understandable and readable responses
- Improves the readability and clarity of text by using active voice and concise language, and minimizing jargon
- Lead proposal content storyline development sessions with Solution Architects, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and key stakeholders to clarify implementation approach, services, and products being proposed
- Manages and integrates writer work products, ensuring proposal compliance and uniformity
- Ensures the proper contextual integrity of each completed proposal section by reviewing edits with the respective SME/contributor
- Creates style manuals and acronym lists that are customized for each proposal effort
- Organize resources, both internally and externally (these include technical and management and past performance content contributors, staff recruiting, graphics specialists, contract administrator, pricing, etc.)
- Coordinate tasking & schedule with partners and sub-contractors
- Create, maintain, communicate, and manage schedules to insure a 100% on time, compliant submission record
- Resolves issues with originating authors or team members
- Minimize style differences from multiple authors and contributors
- Interviews managers and technical experts and develops proposal narratives
- Works collaboratively with Proposal Management for feedback on design standards
- Perform extensive research in support of proposal efforts
- Demonstrates an outstanding level of commitment to each proposal effort
- Proven track record of collaborating in a team environment to get the job done under all circumstances
- Participates in special projects as required
- Contribute to ISO activities
Required Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Engineering field, Communications, English, Social Science, or technical discipline consistent with the aforementioned domains or relevant experience.
- Must possess a passion to win
- Must be self-starter with abilities to move quickly from project to project while dealing with SMEs
- Minimum 7 years of Proposal Manager and writing experience
- Minimum 5 years of Proposal Manager and writing expertise for the U.S. Federal Government IT industry including supporting multiple projects
- Minimum 3 years of experience with independent writing to DOD and/or Civilian Federal client requirements, including responding to RFPs, RFQs, Task Orders, RFIs, and Sources Sought Notices
- Minimum 7 years of experience with Shipley Method or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years understanding of the business development life cycle in federal, state and local, or commercial domains
- Expert ‘power user’ experience with MS Office Suite, (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Expert at proposal formatting and technical writing – Shipley Proposal Training (or similar)
- Must be able to write RFI and RFP responses independently
- Must be able to work independently, and have the ability to wear “many hats” as is required in a small business work environment
- Must have strong communication skills to work with a range of stakeholders and facilitate their participation
- Must have exceptional facilitation and organization skills are required.
- Must have the ability to work multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must have the ability to work outside of traditional hours and occasionally on weekends as required.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- IT technical background preferred
- APMP Membership and APMP Practitioner Level certification or higher is preferred
- Experience with governmental technical proposal development and processes is preferred
- Experience with Cyber Security, IV&V, and/or QA proposal development is a plus.
- 90% remote (East Coast preferred) / 10% travel
- Great benefits: Paid time off, flexible work schedule, teleworking allowed, medical/dental/vision plan, 401k; and more
- Tuition assistance for continuing or career-related education
- Our cultural focus is on people and results – not bureaucracy
- Ample opportunity for career growth – we promote from within
- Leadership takes a constructive interest in every team member’s success
- Work/Life Balance and flexible hours
- Be part of a close-knit team that works and plays together and helps one another succeed
- You will not be micromanaged: plan, prioritize, schedule and be accountable for your own tasks
- Casual workplace
- Open-door policy with all management
**Salary is commensurate with education and experience**