Full Job Description
- Troubleshoot and resolve Tier I and II incidents to include: system inquiries, requests, incidents, software installation, printer support, hardware support (desktop, laptop, peripheral).
- Perform in-person customer service and phone support service to 4,000 end-user community.
- Perform trouble ticket action to include updates with quality notes, customer communication, and resolution within established service level agreements.
- Provide VIP support and communication regarding status of incident troubleshooting and resolution.
- Efficiently handle high volume ticket queue by supporting 50 – 100 tickets daily.
- Actively participate in all meetings such as, but not limited to weekly staff meetings, weekly training, Weekly Ticket Tag-Up, etc.
- Preparing accurate documentation to support and maintain a working knowledge base of service desk processes including pertinent guidelines, regulations, compliance issues, and documentation requirements as well as reference only application reference guides.
- Document, maintain, and store specific information, including as-built diagrams and SOPs/Job Aides.
- Support focus teams or specialized projects to promote rapid improvement turnaround.
- Maintains a high-level of customer service focus, exhibiting expertise, courtesy, timeliness, and professionalism while interfacing with users and senior staff members in person, on the phone and/or email.
- Be part of a team that supports and operates a 24x7x365 Service Desk.
- Analytically inclined with attention to detail and accuracy and consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved with the ability to respond to last minute requests.
- Analyzes and recommends alternative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Builds credibility and trust with customers and team members.
- Identifies areas of opportunity to improve customer satisfaction.
- Supports the team process and participates on cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for handling after-hours on call support (when necessary).
- Answer phones and respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Participate in special projects as required
- Use ticketing system to:
- Proactively check help desk queue for new emails and create and assign Remedy tickets for those emails.
- Ensure that tickets are actively being worked on and updated, and that no tickets are unassigned.
- Escalate tickets as needed.
- Ensure all tickets worked include the problem, the solution, the end user, initiation and completion time, and end user satisfaction.
- The resolution shall be in sufficient detail to allow another support technician, not familiar with the problem, sufficient information to resolve the same or similar problem without extensively researching the issue again.
- Notify the team lead of all VIP requests for support that require additional resources which result in a delay of resolution.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to support a fast paced and ITIL transitional environment.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to support incoming customer support calls and emails.
- Ability to identify and articulate key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when handling situational occurrences.
- Must have excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
*Note: May need to lift and carry desktop equipment such as laptops, computers, and monitors.*
- Great benefits: Paid time off, flexible work schedule, teleworking allowed, medical/dental/vision plan, 401k; and more
- Tuition assistance for continuing or career-related education
- Our cultural focus is on people and results – not bureaucracy
- Ample opportunity for career growth – we promote from within
- Leadership takes a constructive interest in every team member’s success
- Work/Life Balance and flexible hours
- Be part of a close-knit team that works and plays together and helps one another succeed
- You will not be micromanaged: plan, prioritize, schedule and be accountable for your own tasks
- Casual workplace
- Open-door policy with all management
**Salary is commensurate with education and experience**