Full Job Description
***Requires US Citizenship and eligibility for a Secret security clearance***
MSM Technology is seeking a Solutions Architect to function as a technical leader in support of MSM’s strategic growth initiatives and delivery excellence to lead the presales discovery, analysis, design, architectures, and proposals of relevant solutions that map to customer outcomes and requirements through direct client engagement. A Solutions Architect effectively and efficiently leverages presales methodologies, technical acumen, key relationships (clients, internal MSM stakeholders and vendor partners), and context analysis (Industry, Customer, Technical, Sales) to position and recommend solutions that deliver long term value.
You will be enabling and supporting the gathering of technical requirements, being a part of development of architectural solutions, as well as assisting on executing deliverables around data center infrastructure, cloud migration, cybersecurity, automation and data strategy solutions. You will support and collaborate with an integrated project team comprised of multiple technical disciplines, including developers, subject matter experts, engineers, and system architects to implement and maintain enterprise-level information technology applications.
Other key responsibilities will be to support and assist in the production of architecture diagrams, blueprints and to help bring solutions to reality with a Agile, DevSecOps mindset & culture.
- Understand Customer Current State. Proactivity drive discovery and understanding of customer IT current state, goals, outcomes, and initiatives across Business, Technical, Operational, and Financial facets. Research industry trends and topics and develop discovery approaches. Develop and lead workshops to drive relevant discovery. Document customer current state to assist customer and sales teams target future state architectures and roadmaps.
- Solution Architecture, Design and Documentation. Analyze and assess client requirements and determine target architecture and design solutions (HW, SW, Cloud services, Managed Services, Delivery Services, etc.) and roadmaps.
- Create and deliver compelling technical proposals directly to clients, including relevant drawings, diagrams and analysis.
- Provide technical solutioning and proposal development support; collaborate with SMEs in solution development; interview technical team members to develop past performance write-ups.
- Develop technical white papers on developing capabilities for the organization in line with the growth plan and strategy for developing core capabilities which include: data center and cloud optimization solutions, cybersecurity
- Technical Opportunity Leadership. Identify customer stakeholders and their individual success criteria and needs. Create and lead technical solution approaches and next steps aligned to customer stakeholders. Align, vet and coordinate MSM and vendor partner technical resources as needed.
- Technical Excellence & Evangelism. Maintain a high level of technical excellence and evangelism across multiple relevant solution architecture and product areas. Lead the curation and delivery of relevant technical knowledge, presentations, and conversations at all client levels and customer related events. Actively participate in technical champion programs and communities. Attain certifications when appropriate. Learn, discuss and present new and emerging technical and IT related topics.
- Account Leadership. Activity participate in client account related activities that establish the Solution Architect as a trusted advisor internally and with customers, such as: Account planning, social events, etc. Develop working relationships with vendor partner teams and peers. Contribute to and drive execution of relevant partner vendor strategies.
- Provide contract specific support as required in role of technical SME or Architect to provide data center solutions and system integration services i.e. DHS
- Ability to Work in Agile methodology to support scrum teams for secure application and/or infrastructure solution architecture engagements
- Team Engagement and Enable Culture. Engage MSM team members, activity participate in team activities, and contribute on collaboration tools to drive an open, positive, inclusive, resilient, change-orientated team culture. Be a steward of the MSM CULTURE – Teamwork, Execution Excellence, Integrity and Forward-Thinking.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation. Actively plan and execute growth and career development activities. Seek and collaborate on improvements to presales processes and delivery excellence in line with MSM strategic goals.
- Enable Others. Contribute to the success of others in sales and presales. Actively mentor and enable others. Share methods, content, and lessons learned with others.
- Business Travel. Ability to travel to meet customers 20% of the time.
- Contribute to ISO activities.
Required Technical Skills:
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, and/or related field.
- Relevant and current industry certifications
- 10+ years of working experience in systems engineering or solution architecture
- 10+ understanding and knowledge of common IT operating models, frameworks, and practices, i.e., ITIL, DevOps, SRE, etc.
- 7+ Experience and/or ability to prepare RFP/RFI response, proposals, and solutions
- 7+ Experience with reviewing and/or writing statements of work (SOW) and Bill of Material (BoM) for various types of projects in support of Cloud and datacenter solutions
- 7+ Presales experience with a strong bias for action.
- An understanding and knowledge of Cloud adoption models and approaches
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with design, implementation, and support of one or more of the following is required:
- Security, Compliance & Governance frameworks, and tools
- CI/CD pipelines and tools: Jenkins, Concourse
- Authentication / Authorization, Directory services
- Agile practices and frameworks: Kanban, SAFe, Scrum
- Enterprise- Computing Environment modernization tools
- Container platforms: Kubernetes, OpenShift, Rancher, Tanzu
- Infrastructure as Code Tools: Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager
- Network Route, Switch, load balance (Cisco, F5, Juniper etc.)
- Data Center platform: Linux, UNIX, Microsoft, IBM
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, Google GCP
- Cloud Management Platforms: Service Now, Jira, Miro Focus Cloud Service Automation, VMware vRealize Automation, Cloudify, Morpheus, Cloudbolt, Turbonomics
- Compute and Storage Architectures & Platforms: Hyperconverged, SAN, Cisco, Dell EMC, HP, Pure, NetApp
- SDDC & Virtualization: VMware, Red Hat, HyperV, Nutanix
- Data Protection Platforms: Dell EMC, Rubrik, Veeam, Cohesity, Commvault
- Demonstrated comfort leading presentations, solution demonstrations and whiteboard sessions
- Demonstrated comfort leading CIO/CTO level presentations, solution demonstrations and whiteboard sessions
- Experience with reviewing and/or writing statements of work (SOW) and Bill of Material (BoM) for various types of projects in support of Cloud and datacenter solutions
- Drive for trying new ideas and actively seek mentoring and coaching
- HQ: Quantico, VA (100% remote with up to 20% travel (4-5 days per month anticipated)
- Great benefits: Paid time off, flexible work schedule, teleworking allowed, medical/dental/vision plan, 401k; and more
- Tuition assistance for continuing or career-related education
- Our cultural focus is on people and results – not bureaucracy
- Ample opportunity for career growth – we promote from within
- Leadership takes a constructive interest in every team member’s success
- Work/Life Balance and flexible hours
- Be part of a close-knit team that works and plays together and helps one another succeed
- You will not be micromanaged: plan, prioritize, schedule and be accountable for your own tasks
- Casual workplace
- Open-door policy with all management
**Salary is commensurate with education and experience**