Full Job Description
- Write and/or edit technical documents, including business proposals, reports, user manuals, briefings and presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements.
- Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical specialists and project management ensuring that final documents meet applicable contract requirements and regulations.
- Research and gather technical and background information for inclusion in project documentation and deliverables.
- Format and ensure all deliverables follow customer standard templates and format guidelines.
- Consult relevant information sources, including library resources, technical and financial documents, and client and project personnel, to obtain background information, and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables.
- Commensurate experience, education, and level of supervision and direction.
This position is primarily a remote/telework position with the end customer in Sterling, VA area and requires that the individual selected be within driving distance for in-person meetings and technical leadership.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Must have 5-8 years of writing experience in a technical infrastructure environment
- Experience providing technical writing, editing, along with 508 documentation remediation support for all deliverables required by the SOW, customer, and ad-hoc requests.
- Experience with writing technical documentation/deliverables for data center infrastructure projects
- Experience with disaster recovery/COOP technical documentation/deliverables preferred
- Knowledge working with documentation repository/version systems/support software, such as: SharePoint, Jira, ServiceNow (SNOW).
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have a Secret or higher security clearance
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Preference may be given to candidates that live at an address certified by the US Government as a HUBZone. You can go to this website and enter your address to see if you live in a HUBZone: https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map#center=39.828200,-98.579500&zoom=5
- Great benefits: Paid time off, flexible work schedule, teleworking allowed, medical/dental/vision plan, 401k; and more
- Tuition assistance for continuing or career-related education
- Our cultural focus is on people and results – not bureaucracy
- Ample opportunity for career growth – we promote from within
- Leadership takes a constructive interest in every team member’s success
- Work/Life Balance and flexible hours
- Be part of a close-knit team that works and plays together and helps one another succeed
- You will not be micromanaged: plan, prioritize, schedule and be accountable for your own tasks
- Casual workplace
- Open-door policy with all management
**Salary is commensurate with education and experience**